Retail Therapy
On a lighter note from last night, I bought an alb this morning!!! For those of you not up on Episcopal Vestment jargon, it's the white "dress" vestment we wear. Priests wear it under a chasuble (beautiful, decorated piece of clothing) when celebrating the Eucharist, but it can be worn on its own by priests and lay people alike. I got a Wippell one that has an embroidered cross on the collar behind the neck and lace inserts in sleeves and hem. I've always liked the lace, and now I'll have one of my very own, measuered specifically to fit me! Plus, generous birthday checks from my parents and two cousins covered the cost!
The moral of this post: when sad/angry in seminary, buy pretty vestments and you'll feel better.

1 Comments:
We are picturing you in your new made for you alb. Glad to hear about the lace. When will it arrive?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home