Many hats
It's only the 2nd day of Orientation for the new students. I am not a new student, but I'm already exhausted. This year I am the Middler Sacristan (like the stage manager for the chapel,) the Liturgical Coordinator (makes a program that includes the order of service for 13 services a week as well as the worship calendar,) plus I am a cantor and had a solo bit in the Taize service tonight. I am also a lector for two Morning Prayer services this week. Then there are all the meetings. Not to mention that my Ethics professor has assigned a short paper due on the first day of class. And we are not allowed to discuss the ethics of professors assigning work before the quarter starts. I need to update the worship calendar, make next weeks ordo, fix this week's ordo, create a linen rota, meet with my advisor, fix the sacristan's duty sheets, pay my seminary bill, do the dishes and the laundry, finish the alumni cards, buy water for the renewal of Baptismal Vows, and buy some groceries. So what am I doing? Creating my to do list here. At least I've already made my presentations for Orientation.
I'm afraid I'm not very interesting right now. All work and little play does indeed make the blog a bit dull.

3 Comments:
Good for you! The rest of us now have nothing to whine about. . .
Though I may try!
;-)
JRW
Yr always interesting, especially picturing all of those hats at once. Careful with the top hat, though, and the tiara can be pointy if worn in the wrong places, such as yr elbows. (I'm given to frequenting the wrong places, myself. Budapest, for example, though my riotous friends and I had nothing nothing nothing to do with the civil disturbances that broke out two weeks after we left.)
It could be worse, of course, you could be a Cantor set. For exhaustion, I recommend a Gargle Blaster. For many other things, too, but for now for exhaustion.
Have you read any Lemony Snicket?
Haven't had a gargleblaster in years, not since you were in Atlanta or maybe not even since Sewanee.
Cantor set? It's a good thing I gave up math, because even with wiki's help I couldn't understand it. No, I'm finally singing solo in chapel. We have a fabulous music professor who not only helps people sing better but also helps us have the confidence to lead the singing. I actually brought out my guitar this summer and played for our morning worship services and led the music. I was the most confident singer in the group! Which is pretty amusing. Sometimes I very confidently led us through a completely made up tune, but what did that matter, really?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home