Saturday, August 26, 2006

On the Road

It's Saturday morning, and a full day is planned - having breakfast with a priest friend, going to the beach, and a dinner (with crab!) with church and theatre friends. My trip has actually been pretty jam packed thus far, and I'm not getting much sleep. In Knoxville I unexpectedly had the opportunity to have lunch with Liz Peterson and her chldren. What a delight. And of course it was great staying with Casey and Kenton. Now Anna Noon and I are staying up too late talking about seminary and church and Sewanee times. I got to have crab for lunch yesterday at one of my favorite Norfolk restaurants, and I enjoyed every mouthful.

As I drove through the mountains to and from Knoxville, I realized that I have to find a way to live near mountains in the future. I miss them so much. On Monday I will be on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and it will be like a mini-retreat. I'm staying at the Peaks of Otter Lodge which has no tv and no phone, and I'm guessing no cell signal. Just me and the mountains and lakes and trees. Sigh... Heaven.

3 Comments:

At 8/27/2006 7:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Small comment

 
At 8/27/2006 7:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very small comment, actually.

 
At 8/27/2006 7:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheep!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home