Not-so-silent Retreat
This is a bit of a rant.
I went to the mountains seeking quiet. I thought my time at the Peaks of Otter Lodge would be like a silent retreat. I hadn't counted on the two ladies next door who were apparently on a talking marathon retreat. They started talking when they arrived and talked until 1am. They were up at 7am and upon awakening resumed their conversation. I thought they'd gone for breakfast but they were back in 10 minutes still talking and they continued until I checked out at 11am. The walls at the Peaks of Otter Lodge are very thin. I am the lightest sleeper in the world.
All I wanted was some quiet. When you go to the mountains, you should be quiet and drink in the scenery.
I'm sure there was a lesson for me in this, but I don't know what it was.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home