Monday, September 25, 2006

Overwhelmed already

It's the first day of classes of my second year of seminary. I started by being the lector at Morning Prayer, followed by leading an hour and a half training for the new sacristans and then serving as a sacristan for the midday Eucharist. Then there was a brief time for lunch. Preaching class was this afternoon, and I really think it's going to be a good class. Then I ran home to get the ordo finished before choir and Evensong. Now I need to start on my Preaching homework. I had hoped for a walk, but since it has clouded over, and I feel a bit like a train hit me, and tomorrow will be even longer and crazier, I think I'll just sit down and get to work. Oops I just remembered I need to go to the library and copy all the stuff I need in order to officiate at tomorrow's Evensong.

I had hoped to wait until at least Wednesday to feel like a deer in the headlights, but oh well. I need a new mantra: "I will not overcommit. I will not overcommit."

1 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 3:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm, lunch!

Yesterday, the Italian place across the street had my regular dish (penne arabbiata [the non-theologically-suspect version of penne diabolo]{or maybe it's the Moorish version, where's Othello when you need an answer to a question like that}) as part of their daily special, so I not only got it cheaper, I got it with soup. Monday I got a big ol' American-style sandwich at Munich's slowest fast-food place, called, surprisingly enough, American Sandwich. Although they seem to make most of their money off pizza, and all the staff appears Asian.

Anyway. Lunch. A Good Thing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home