Still Getting Started
It's hard to tell when weeks begin and end. My day off is Friday, today. So I kind of think of this as the end of my second week. But today I'm going in for a funeral and tomorrow we have an all day vestry retreat, and then there's all the doings on Sunday. So I guess I'm in the middle of my second week.
There are pictures of Sunday up on the Hickory Neck website. You can view them here. This week has been just a little quieter, though there were 3 meet and greets and some meetings. Yesterday I was actually able to start organizing my office a bit, a good thing since the chaos in there was making me avoid the office.
I'm thinking a lot about my role here and what it means to be a clergy person in a parish. I'm not a priest yet, but I will be soon. I'm overseeing Pastoral Care, Outreach, and Christian Formation. I'm still figuring out what that all means and how I can insert myself into these ministries in this location. There's so much to learn.

2 Comments:
Do you give yourself comp time?
yeah!!!!!!!!!! what great pictures "Pastor Lauren"...teehee. I'm so happy for you - you have worked HARD for this. Go get um girl!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home