Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A Good Beginning

This morning I didn't mind waking up at 6 because it was cooler outside and I was able to have a cup of tea with my breakfast bar. I also had time to read Morning Prayer and pray and sit and be still with the trees and the birds and the lovely world around me. I made my way into work by 9. You have to love a boss who, when you ask what time you should come in says, "Whenever."

I mostly unpacked books today. I had gone in for about 1/2 hour yesterday just to clear a space on my desk, but today I got them all on shelves and in some general categories. Theology and Ethics are up high on the shelf I can't reach (Please don't tell Ellen.) Liturgy scores the most points, taking up nearly 2 1/2 shelves! I also rearranged the furniture. There's only a desk and a file cabinet, but the desk is a weird shape and I didn't like where it was. I don't know that I like where it is now, but I'll try it there for awhile and see. I got to register my business credit card! (Whoo-hoo. I've never had one before.) Plus I got some info about calendar items and an overview of my ministry area. I met the cleaning crew and found out the main guy is also from GA. Had lunch with the rector and admin assistant as well.

At 5:00 I decided to go home. Took a nice walk/run around the pond and bumped into the other priest in the neighborhood who brought me bigger roach traps as a house warming gifts. She says they work on these giant bugs. Now I'm going to eat some dinner and then head off to bed.

It's been a good day. I'm going to be fine here. Probably not just fine. Probably I'm going to thrive here. I hope so.

3 Comments:

At 7/01/2008 8:46 PM , Blogger Lee said...

all sounds good! And the girls and I do intend to come visit!

Yes, I think you will thrive.

 
At 7/01/2008 9:53 PM , Blogger Rev. Jane Austen said...

O.K. If it weren't for the bugs I would say you are in Disneyland! Your life is SO totally different than mine.

I love mine, really. . . .but yours sounds really lovely.

AFTER The traps work.

 
At 7/02/2008 9:21 AM , Blogger Dr. KNS said...

If you have any Theology and Ethics books you would rather get rid of (and Church History), I would be very interested in buying them off you in August. Seriously. Let me know.

In the meantime, congratulations on the sheer awesomeness of your new job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home