Moving Part 2
I have been on the road for the past 3 days. The movers came later than expected on Friday, but they loaded me up. Sadly they won't be able to deliver here until Friday or Saturday, but I'll make the best of it by shopping for the rest of the furniture I need. I spent Friday night in Indianapolis with seminary friends Les and Kristin. Then we said good-bye and I headed off on the 10 hour drive to Charlottesville.
The best part about the drive was that the last half of it was through the mountains. I love the Appalachian mountains, so rounded and green and old. They make my heart sing. During the last hour of the trip there was some rain, and then the sun began to set. Voila! A rainbow appeared over the mountains in the direction I was headed. The last time I saw one was at my ordination. Seemed like a good sign. I do love rainbows. I spent that night with my friend Katherine, and we skipped church yesterday in order to do a short hike.
Last night I arrived in Williamsburg and am staying with the junior warden and her family in their lovely home. It's good to be settled for a couple of days. I've been so sleep deprived because I've been waking up so early with my head spinning. Maybe I can rest some before my stuff arrives and the unpacking begins. This afternoon is the walk-through, and tomorrow is closing. Tomorrow I will own a home again. And it has so much space!!! As for today, time to go shopping...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home