Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ordination Date

God willing and the people consenting, I think I have an ordination date. Saturday, August 23 at 11am. It's been a bit complicated getting the date, but I won't post that whole story here. It will be at Hickory Neck Church in Toano, VA, just outside of Williamsburg. Invitations probably won't come out until July, after I've started my new job, but if you're interested in coming, please let me know. I think I've checked with all the appropriate people at this point, so hopefully this date won't change.

Who knew there could be so many details? I have spent the better part of the past two days on the phone and filling out paper work to get my move going, my house bought, and my job started. There are insurance papers and loan papers and homebuying papers and finishing school papers. There are a million emails. And then the phone calls - to the realtor, the lender, the mover, the diocese, the utilities, etc, etc, etc. I'm pretty good at details, but this is a lot of details, even for me!

Fortunately I now have movers (as of 1/2 hour ago) and they have given me an under budget estimate. Yay! Sunday I leave for a week to go to Philadelphia for a preaching conference, and then on June 13 I move back to VA. Two weeks away. It's hard to believe.

Tonight I'm going to see a play. It will be good to get away from the details for a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home