Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday in Colorado

Today was much better. We had breakfast on the terrace, with the gorgeous view of the mountains in the background, and then we headed out to hike to Hanging Lake, a 1.2 mile hike one way that took us 3 1/2 hours. It's almost straight up. I am about at 75% today, which is much better than the 30% I was two days ago. My sinuses are still problematic, but I was able to do the hike with lots of rest stops, and then I was able to stay up the rest of the day. We drove down to Redstone, a quaint little town, and then on to Marble which has little to recommend it except for marvelous mountain vies and a marble quarry. Chunks of marble were lying around in people's yards.


Getting ready to hike. We met lots of fun people on the way.



Glenwood Canyon. With us.



Hanging Lake.



A waterfall above hanging lake. Dad and I went behind it but it was too cold to be there long.

2 Comments:

At 5/21/2008 2:15 PM , Blogger Rev. Jane Austen said...

You all look wonderful and happy and relaxed. I am so glad for you to be in that beautiful place together for a well deserved rest.

Love to you all!

 
At 5/23/2008 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that! It's a well-earned and deserved vacation. I hope all that good mountain air works its healing magic on you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home