Check
Field ed evaluation and final meeting with supervisor - Check
Last field ed class and accompanying assignments - Check
Final sermon at Field Ed - Check
Final sermon at Seabury - Check
I preached my last sermon until June tonight. It went very well and was well received. Preaching to Seabury is one of my favorite things because the congregation is so present. From the first line I got a laugh, and then I couldn't help hamming it up a bit. We had guests tonight, a special group of donors. I didn't realize it would include the Bishop of Chicago! But he was very complimentary, as were all my friends. I will miss preaching here. I really do love it.
Only two weeks and a day until graduation. I can't wait until all the things are checked off my list. I'm basically down to one small paper, finishing a long paper, one 15-page paper not started yet, and one GOE rewrite. I know I can, I know I can, I know I can...

4 Comments:
Indeed you can!
There is something so absolutely rewarding about getting mark things off the list! Good for you.
You can! You can! How nice to see such a doable list - lots, certainly, but doable. You're almost there!
Rock on!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home