Some Good Things
It was close to 70 degrees here today and I got to take a walk. I saw my first daffodils in bloom and the trees are actually starting to get tiny buds on them. There were the first few spots of yellow on the forsythia. The wind was about 40 mph, but it was so wonderful to be outside that I almost cried. This winter has been interminable. It is such a relief to have it coming to an end.
One down, one to do. I finished one of my GOE essays today. It has taken a lot of long hours of work, but now there's just one left.
Tonight Gene Robinson presided and preached at our community Eucharist. He's a good preacher. The reading was the Beattitudes. He talked about what it means to bless or be blessed. He said that a blessing is an opportunity for God to show up and that whenever we have the chance to learn that we are dependent on God, it is a blessing. His sermon made me think about all this GOE nonsense. GOE flying flippiness as my therapist calls it. I don't think I always feel blessed when I learn (again) how much I need God. I'm a good American. I want to be able to do things for myself. Maybe the GOEs are reminding me. Then again, maybe they're just annoying and I simply have to endure them to get on to what I'm really called to do. But there will be other things that I have to get through in order to do my work, so maybe I need God to help me endure.
There's only one more day until I fly to VA. Yippee!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home