Hunting Houses
I'm going house hunting this weekend in Virginia. It's supposed to be 80 degrees. I have been told that the azaleas and dogwoods and wisteria are blooming. I haven't seen them in 3 years because they don't have them here. I'm pretending that this weekend is my spring break since I didn't get one when it came around before. There is so much work to be done it's hard to believe that I will have a few days off, but I have promised myself a little break while I look for a new home. I keep dreaming about moving. Though I do love the windows in my little abode, I cannot wait to be out of this cramped space and in a place where I can have a full sized couch and move about without having to turn sideways to get around the furniture.
There will also be a potluck with the vestry on Saturday night and I will attend services at Hickory Neck on Sunday morning and meet people. I'm so looking forward to this. It will be a glimpse into my new life, and hopefully it will restore my energy for finishing up all the tasks that must be done before I can get to that new life.

5 Comments:
I hope so, too! I keep searching apartment listings as I'm writing papers, for the same reasons -- although it's not nearly as exciting as getting out of town (into 80-degree weather and blooming flowers!) to do so. But we'll get through it. I'm sure I'll see you before, too, but have fun this weekend!
yes! azalea, redbud, dogwood warm and sunny!
come on down!
R
Albizia julibrissin!
I had forgotten about my favorite scientific name. Thanks for reminding me!
This may be too late to reach you, in which case never mind, but I looked several times at townhouse-type-things in W'burg and there were some nice ones sort of near the W&M law school. They were actually very affordable and very new as well. You might want to ask your agent about that area. At any rate, good luck with that.
And by the way, drop me an email if there is anything in particular that I can get you while I am in the Mother Country next month. (You'll get stuff anyway, but you have to wait till August, and it'll be a surprise!)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home