Dreaming of a White... Easter
Except it's not a dream. It's for real. We had about 6 inches of snow yesterday, and there was over a foot north of us. It was such a bizarre experience to drive to the Good Friday service last night through a winter wonderland. It feels like Christmas, not Holy Week. It's very beautiful out there, but this is just SO WRONG!!! Have I mentioned how excited I am to be moving back to VA where the forsythia and the Bradford pears are in bloom right now?
In a few weeks I'll be flying down to Williamsburg to look for a house. I imagine spring will almost be over there. Here it won't start until May. Sigh... This is the neverending winter. I'm done with it.

3 Comments:
There's pictures of me and our Easter snow bunnies when I was but a wee wun and we lived in the Chicago suburbs. My folks, native of Memphis, held out for four years, then moved to the Gulf Coast and haven't lived north of Interstate 10 since. My sister managed one Minneapolis winter, perhaps in honor of one grandfather, who worked on Lake Superior at one point, but one was definitely enough. Did I mention we're moving to Tbilisi?
I'm sorry, Tbilisi? Where is that? I'm afraid I haven't heard of it.
Georgia!
But alas, not Ray Charles' Georgia, or indeed yours, or indeed the one I've thought all these years that I would eventually be moving back to. Life's full of surprises.
Tbilisi, with its even more unpronounceable river (Mtkvari), is the capital of post-Soviet Georgia. The Orthodox Church there is both Apostolic and Autocephalous, which is at least neat to say. State religion since about the time Constantinople was founded, give or take the odd decades of Soviet atheism or Turkish domination.
Iris got a most excellent job there, and I can do my biggest project more-or-less remotely, so off we go in July. Life in the Caucasus!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home