Thursday, February 28, 2008

More good news

We had a Seabury community meeting today, and it looks like the middler and junior students will be able to stay and finish their degrees here if they want to. It'll certainly be different than it's been, and community life will be more challenging with such a small community, but for those who want to stay and be creative about working it out, they will be able to and graduate with a degree from Seabury. There is much relief here.

Turns out that the church where I'll be working is going to announce me on March 9, so after that I will post the name and website and pictures and stuff for all to know. I called the rector of another church where I was in a search, and she was excited for me and told me she'd like to be part of my clergy support system. Now I'll have her as a colleague instead of a boss, and that's just fine with me. The senior warden called within 10 minutes of my acceptance to congratulate me. It feels good to be wanted.

1 Comments:

At 2/29/2008 9:33 AM , Blogger Rev. Jane Austen said...

That is a great relief for the Juniors and Middlers. And more good news for you! I am so happy for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home