Snowy Morning
It's Ash Wednesday, and we are expecting 8-12 inches of snow today. We were supposed to get some overnight, but it's mostly just sleet and slush. I have services at Seabury and St. Elisabeth's tonight. Hope I can get there. Although I will miss my friends at seminary, I am ready to go back to VA and not have to deal with this weather anymore.
As promised there are a few more ordination pictures here. The first one is me before the service. Second is my family sitting in their pew. Third is me and my brother. And the last one is me with all my godparents. For the next batch I'll post pictures of friends.
I had 3 great job interviews while I was in VA, and I'd be happy to go to any of the churches. One has called to invite me back in a couple of weeks and the one with the rector position wants to bring me back after Easter. I'm very happy to be returning to my diocese. When I've gone to Council in the past, I've been disappointed, but this year I was really proud of the energy there. Plus, they used Enriching Our Worship at both the ordination and the Council Eucharist. On Sunday the gospel was read in Korean and English (we have a new Korean church plant in our dioscese), and we had a good variety of music. The bank of people at the front were not just old white men. I felt so pleased to be there and so pleased with where they seem to be going. Maybe we'll be ready for a new bishop by next year.

5 Comments:
I thought your brother was younger than you.
He is by two years. He's just taller and has more grey hair. When my hair is shorter you can see more of the grey. My hair stylist says it looks more like highlights - I tip her well!
Lauren, I love the pictures! You look GREAT in black and white! Congratulations! And I'm glad you got home before the Big Snow. (IS it a big snow?)
Your folks are looking terrific, and Chris is headed rapidly toward "distinguished." Younger brothers shouldn't be doing that should they? That sorta implies something about the, er, older sibling...
no WAY is that your little brother. he's like, 15 or something, isn't he?
*whimper*
great pics, though. and congratulations again!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home