Friday, February 01, 2008

St. Brigid's Day

I was ordained a deacon today during a glorious service in a packed Bruton Parish full of family and friends with an amazing sermon by a young bishop on a day so rich that I'll be reliving it for years. I'm too tired to write much about it, and I know I'll be absorbing it for a long time. But I wanted to share just a couple of photos, one of me processing, one of me, my mom, and my cousin, and one of the beautiful rainbow that appeared in the sky during my 15 minutes of rest today. The rain held off until after the service, and in the late afternoon, the rainbow came out, a symbol of God's abundant promises. I will write more later when I have time, but for now I hope a little of my joy will radiate out and touch each of you reading. It has been a long and often challenging journey, but this day was worth it!




3 Comments:

At 2/02/2008 8:52 PM , Blogger Raisin said...

Congratulations, Lauren. The rainbow is just amazing!

 
At 2/03/2008 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed the rainbow, but your radiance was enough to show God's abundant promise. It was such an amazing service!!

 
At 2/03/2008 7:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, Lauren!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home