Day 3 - Church History
I am so glad that I will be ordained before the results from these stupid tests come back. By my way of counting, I am 1 for 5 because I have only felt good about the first one. This one wasn't that hard, but I needed time to research it, and 3 hours is very little time. I'm fatigued now and frustrated and low on resources. And I have a headache for the third day in a row. Hopefully this is my low day and tomorrow I'll be so excited about being done that I won't be distressed by anything.
Set 5: Church History
Open Resources
Throughout the history of the church, most Christians have known the Old and New Testaments only through translations. Three seminal translations for western Christianity have been the Vulgate Bible (V), the Authorized or King James Version (AV), and the Revised Standard Version (RSV).>br>
Write a three-page essay in which you answer the following questions regarding these influential translations (you may use abbreviations as indicated above).
A. What were, briefly, the historical circumstances motivating those responsible for conceiving and executing these three translations?
B. How did each of these translations represent significant change from earlier versions available at the time?
C. What have been some of the important repercussions of each of these translations for the Christian church and the wider culture?

2 Comments:
Finishing will feel wonderful. It's a tough week, and you're almost done. Hugs.
Done is good. You will feel totally free in just a matter of hours. You are loved!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home