GOEs are here
Well, at 9:00 tomorrow morning we start this hazing ritual called the General Ordination Exams. I will either be absent as a blogger this week or checking in with a blow by blow. People have been so supportive. John Dally gave a nice sermon at Eucharist tonight and reminded us to show who we are and not just what we know (a good thing since I'm not convinced I know a lot!) The dean and his wife had us for dinner and it was a lovely relaxing time at their house. Friends have sent brownies, bags of candy goodies and lots of prayers our way. It's good to feel such support.
I'm off to distract myself with tv or Ethics notes, whichever seems more interesting. We have the scripture exam in the morning followed by Ethics in the afternoon. The Scripture one is closed book except for a Bible, and the Ethics one is open book. I'm prepared that Ethics and Theology won't be my best exams. Fortunately they're over early in the week.
Wish us luck! (And pray hard!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home