Wednesday, December 12, 2007

School's Out!

What a lovely day I've had. The sun is out! After snow and 3 ice/freezing rain storms and much overcast gloominess it was so good to see the sun. I drove up to field ed this morning and it didn't even matter to me that my meeting got canceled because the drive was so beautiful. The rain has caused the snow to shrink but not disappear, and there's still 3-4 inches on the ground. All the houses are coated with it, and it's lingering on the branches of trees. This is one of the prettiest snows we've had since I've been here.

Then I went to chapel and had a nice lunch and then walked into town to see the Golden Compass. It was the biggest outing I've been on since I've been sick, and it felt good to be walking outside, even if it was cold. The movie was excellent. It was a very hard one to make, and I thought they did an amazing job. I'm so often disappointed with the movie versions of books, particularly fantasy. But they did this one right. Granted I haven't read the book in years, so i don't know how close they stayed to it, but it seemed very similar to what I remember from the book. Movies that are done right satisfy me.

As I came out of the movie the sun was headed down, so I got to see all the Christmas lights as I walked home. Was able to get some banking done and pick up dinner at Panera. Now I can turn my attention to digging out from the end-of-term disaster and packing for my trip Saturday.

Can you believe I only have one semester and I'll be done with seminary? I can't!

1 Comments:

At 12/12/2007 5:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day in the frozen north. We had 78 degrees and lots of sun here in Atlanta. Feels like September. We'll take it. Hope it lasts for your visit.
It won't be Christmas until you get home.

Mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home