Friday, November 23, 2007

Illness continued

So much fun to spend holidays sick. I thought I was improving, but yesterday evening symptoms got worse. Spent the morning at the ER. I wasn't yet dehydrated, but starting down that road, and so they gave me a liter of fluid. Virus. Take Immodium. Drink clear liquids. Eat rice. Glad I got some stuffing yesterday, though I'd probably feel better if I hadn't. Am planning to catch my flight to Chicago this afternoon. Called my rector and she will sub for me preaching on Sunday. I just wasn't sure I'd recover in time. Sigh... I'm thankful it's nothing worse. Hope everyone else is healthy.

4 Comments:

At 11/23/2007 11:17 AM , Blogger Raisin said...

Yikes. Here's a hug!

 
At 11/23/2007 6:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, L! i had that nasty thing last month and also landed in the ER. i wish those virii realized they are supposed to be 24 hours only, not several days.

be sure to get a bottle of gatorade at the airport and keep sipping at it.

 
At 11/25/2007 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

More drugs!

 
At 11/25/2007 7:11 PM , Blogger Rev. Jane Austen said...

Oh now, you KNOW you are never to go to the ER without me! I am so sorry I am not nearby to take care of you. ;-(
Feel better soon. I left you lots of good vibes and prayers in Williamsburg! (I will airmail some to Chicago.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home