Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Eve

It's the eve of Thanksgiving and most of the household is tucked into bed. I am awake at the moment because I've spent the better part of the past 48 hours in bed. Our family has managed to continue our tradition of Thanksgiving illness. My nephew has bronchitis bordering on pneumonia and spent most of Monday evening in the E.R. My dad and I have had some sort of stomach bug. To say much about that is TMI, but one of its effects is a complete draining of energy. I spent almost all of yesterday asleep or at least horizontal. Today was slightly better. My dad felt better today, so I'm hoping for new energy tomorrow.

It seems that someone in our family is always sick on Thanksgiving. Usually it's respiratory, though we did have one chicken soup Thanksgiving back when I was a kid. It's a tradition I wish we could give up.

Atlanta has a good chance of rain for tomorrow, and we would be exceedingly thankful for it. The drought here has been really bad. Extra prayer for rain would be appreciated.

I still have a sermon to finish, and since the illness hit, I've gotten no other work done. Sigh... The best laid plans... I'm thankful I have this opportunity to learn and study. I just wish there were fewer projects and responsibilities hanging over my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home