Friday, November 16, 2007

Ordination Change

Well. Seems like each time they give us new info, we think we're set, but then they change it some more. The ordination has moved back to Bruton Parish. We get 50 passes (better than the 3 that someone once jokingly mentioned or the number for Seabury's commencement last year.) And, like Seabury, though we were asked to come up with a list of people we wanted to have preach at the ordination, we have been told it will be the bishop of Northwestern PA. I have to agree with one of my classmates that they really shouldn't ask us if they have no intention of listening to us.

So, I'm guessing there will be plenty of room for guests of mine. 50 is a lot of people. But if you're interested in coming, make sure you tell me so that I can put your name on my list and make sure you get a pass. I have between 7-10 family members coming plus a few presenters. And happily a few Seabury folk are coming too! Yay!

And of course, God willing and the people consenting, there will be a priesting ordination later in the year. It's hard to have three major events in six months - two ordinations and a graduation. I mean, it's not hard for me, but it's a challenge for faithful supporters. I've told most people that the priest ordination would be the most important to me, but of course we don't have a date or location for that one and we have no idea when we will, so it's hard to make plans. Oh well. It'll all be fine. The people who need to be at each event will be there, people will graduate or be ordained, and God will be praised.

3 Comments:

At 11/16/2007 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you kidding?
no, of course you are not!
I forgot who we were dealing with for just a minute there!
Don't get all excited because it will probably change again before February!

 
At 11/18/2007 4:14 PM , Blogger Rev. Jane Austen said...

Count us in of course! If three is too many, then I will just slip over, but I do hope to be there regardless of where it is or when or how or who preaches. . .
;-)

 
At 11/19/2007 1:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Seems like each time they give us new info, we think we're set, but then they change it some more."

I would guess this is good preparation for running a parish...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home