Saturday, October 27, 2007

Save the date

So, the date and time of my ordination have now been confirmed after several changes. I will be ordained to the diaconate on February 1 at 11:00 a.m. in Williamsburg, VA in the Council space at the Williamsburg Lodge. There will be plenty of room now that it's not at Bruton parish. They promise they will make the space look liturgical (and I trust them), and they've even promised brass for the music. Yay! It sounds like the liturgical commission has wonderful plans, and I could not be more excited. As I am the only one allergic to incense, we will be having smoke. We will have time after the service and before Council begins to have lunch and some celebration with friends and family.

We are not yet to the invitation stage. If any of you readers think you might be in the Williamsburg area on Feb. 1, you are most welcome to come. Since our diocesan Council is that weekend, you should make plans early, though, as rooms might book up. Let me know if you're interested, and you can probably get Council room rates. I am not expecting that any of my Seabury community can come since it's so far to travel. That will be sad but unavoidable. Otherwise it should be a very joyful occasion.

It is good to be back in my small Seabury home with blue sky and sunshine. I have to try to overcome the exhaustion of not sleeping the past few days and get back into the swing of work here. Next weekend I go to Sewanee for choir reunion. It will be good to see the mountains.

4 Comments:

At 10/27/2007 5:17 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Yay! Ok, I'm totally coming now that space is not an issue - I very much want to be at your ordination and there's pretty much no way I'll make your priesting if I have a job.

 
At 10/27/2007 6:03 PM , Blogger Merely Human said...

Really?!! Happy Dance!

 
At 10/28/2007 6:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be there wherever, whenever. You go, girl! We love you. Mom and Dad

 
At 10/31/2007 6:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're looking forward to seeing you, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home