Busy Again
The luxury I had the first week of having free time quickly evaporated once all my classes started meeting. I have been running here and there, trying to get all the work done. I've joined Curves in an attempt to get some exercise into my life. I'm trying to work on my Thecla sermon for Monday and my sermon for next Sunday, but I haven't had time to get much done on those. Not much else to report actually. I've been to the doctor a bunch and now have been told not to have caffeine or eat chocolate. No chocolate? Those of you who know me well know that giving up chocolate is extraordinarily hard for me. That would include the amazing chocolate covered strawberries that Julie makes for dessert at the refectory every couple of weeks. It also includes the homemade chocolate chip cookies at every lunch. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through life withough chocolate!

6 Comments:
One of our babysitters is named Thekla, and she has been pierced several times (quite apart from her ears), but it does not appear to be leading to martyrdom. We are glad about that.
I'm thinking you need to find a 2nd opinion. Life without chocolate is just not worth living.
No chocolate? Are they crazy?
The Queen of Chocolate says that whole "no chocolate" thing is an evil plot to destroy her kingdom!
You have to consider all the health benefits you will be giving up when you give up chocolate. No chocolate is not healthy. All things in moderation!
QC
I agree with the Queen of Chocolate and her other friends. I'm already missing it and it's only been 5 days. And there were no chocolate desserts at dinner this week, thankfully. There were rice crispie treats one night but they had raisins in them. We weren't convinced by the raisins. (A waste of a perfectly good grape, if you ask me.)
No grapes, please.
If Rice Krispy treats were German, there would be a law (with an impossibly long name) mandating the purity of their ingredients: Krispies, marshmallows, butter. No more. No less.
Of course if they were German, in the States you would get micro-krispers who tried to convince people of the necessity of hand-crafted krispies that captured the very sould of the landscape whence the krispies came.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home