Friday, September 07, 2007

Lots o' Preaching!

I learned today that I will be preaching at Seabury on Sept. 24. Our saint that day is Thecla. Then the following Sunday, 9/30, I'll be preaching at St. Elisabeth's - the rich man and Lazarus. And then on Oct 3 I will be preaching for the St. E's mid-week 7am Wed. Eucharist commemorating St. Francis. Three sermons in just over a week. Seems like a lot. Then I think, Lauren, that's what every week will be like next year. Yikes! It's a good thing I like preaching. One of my seminary classmates is already preaching once a week at a mid-week Eucharist. That's going to take some getting used to. Here I was, worried about getting in some of my field ed hours. Not going to be a problem for a few weeks!

On another note, Frank Griswold is coming to preside and preach at the end of the month. He was the Presiding Bishop until last year, and he also used to be the Bishop of Chicago. I've never heard him speak, so I'll be glad to hear him.

1 Comments:

At 9/09/2007 9:15 PM , Blogger Beth said...

I'm very, very excited that you're preaching for Thecla. That's one of my favorite services of the year, and while I'm Very, Very Glad that it's a normal service now and doesn't have to be MC'd into the calendar, it's also a little weird, so I'm glad we get a good (if slightly overbooked) preacher for it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home