It's official
I received the official email today about the change in ordination date along with a plethora of instructions on all the various things that have to be done prior to the interview in late October/mid-November. It also included a bunch of potential churches looking for priests. It's all a bit overwhelming. It's really going to happen. All this time and waiting and work, and it's really going to happen. Ordination has been such a distant thing for so long that I can't believe it's now less than 5 months away. I keep turning it over and over in my mind. I really first started thinking about it in the spring of 1999 when I decided to go on pilgrimage to the Holy Land. It will be a little less than 10 years. And it's going to be the Feast of St. Brigid. She is the saint associated with County Kildare in Ireland which is where some of my not too distant ancestors are from. I've actually been there to see one of her wells.
One of my challenges this year may be to stay present. With all the excitement about ordination, it's hard to focus. Soon that will change when classes and field ed are going full force. I had a 3 hour meeting today with my field ed supervisor, and I'm very excited about the work I'll be doing at St. Elisabeth's this year.
What a day. I also was the solo cantor at Eucharist tonight, and it went well. I have decided I want to sing more this year since I love it so, but I have to let go of my nervousness. I do fine when I'm confident.

2 Comments:
Get your wish list ready! We'll be there.
yes a wish list is always a good idea...ask someone to be in charge of that for you and then you won't get duplicates. Identify that person to the rest of us so we can check in with them.
R
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home