Packing?
I started packing today. Not just for my trip, but boxes. I know, I know, I'm not moving for another year. Beginning to pack is early preparation even for ME! But you see, I have too many books. In order to make room for this year's school books, I need more bookshelves, and since there's not enough space in my tiny quarters for even a stack of books, I had to clear some shelves. So into a box went all of Harry Potter - what a great delight it will be to unbox and reread him next summer. Into the boxes also went fiction and books on writing and a few other odds and ends that I doubt I will need in the next year. Into the storage space they go. I managed to clear an entire shelf of one large book case and 1/2 of another. That should tide me over for awhile. It was actually kind of fun to pack a bit. I'll need to remember those words in May!

1 Comments:
You don't have too many books, you have too little space. I know the problem. You could cut back on your books by about 80 percent by moving overseas and neglecting to pay the bills on the storage space, but I can't honestly say I recommend that approach. Plus you'll have just as many books again in a few years. You could also store those at a friend's office when you lose your own, but I can't honestly say that I recommend that approach either. Maybe we should all just move into libraries and save ourselves the trouble.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home