And the number of the counting shall be three!
Three days left of class. Tha-rrrr-eee. Then an exam. This week we had one of the hardest tests I've ever taken in my life. It was supposed to be 2 hours. I gave up after 3 1/2. Some people stayed for 5. It was exhausting. I keep thinking that no more Greek will go in my head, but more keeps going in. Of course, and equal amount also seems to be leaking out, but I can hope the leaking out doesn't outrun the going in!
A week from tomorrow I fly to GA to preach at my parents' church. I'll get to see my brother and his family including my niece and nephew. I'll get to see many friends of the family and a few of my high school friends. I've decided not to attend my 20th high school reunion that night since I have to be up early for preaching. After a couple of days in GA, I'm flying to VA to shadow someone in rural ministry there. It looks like it may be a good possibility that I may get a job there in charge of two small parishes. I'm going to visit one of the potential churches and meet the rector. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to see whether this feels like a match. It would be so incredibly awesome to have a strong job possibility going into my senior year. It would take a lot of stress off. I'll keep you posted on how it looks.

4 Comments:
disappointed that you're not going to the reunion, but I might be inspired to attend your parents' church to hear you preach :) - I'll be in town!
You would be most welcome! Services at 8 and 10am, St. Andrew's in the Pines, PTC. I think Cliff and Jill are planning to come. I would love to come to the reunion, but my flight doesn't arrive until 2:45, and that afternoon and evening are the only time I'll have with my niece and nephew.
And the number of the comments shall bee three!
No more, no less?
I'm afraid I'm going to increase the # of comments to four and break that nice symmetry... but I just wanted to say good luck especially visiting the rural parishes - I'll be really curious to hear how it goes and what you learn and how you feel about it. I did a year of rural ministry in Massachusetts, and it was hard, but also very cool. If I'd been better prepared and a little older, I think it would've gone better.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home