Sunday, July 22, 2007

Two Weeks Down

I'm 1/3 of the way through Greek. Two weeks down. Four weeks to go. It just keeps getting harder, and I don't have the stamina to keep the same hours up as the first week. I'm still doing well, and it's hard to let go a little and realize I don't have to get 100 on everything. Doing so on the first test set me up to want to keep that up.

I'm preaching next week at St. Elisabeth's. I wrote about 1/3 of the sermon yesterday. It's the Lord's Prayer story from Luke. I'm hoping to get another chunk done today because next Saturday is my birthday and I want to be able to enjoy it, not just spend it working on the sermon. It finally falls on a Saturday and it's the day before I preach! Hoping to see the new Harry Potter movie Friday after class and then go out with some friends Friday night to celebrate. Anyone in the area is welcome to come. Assuming that I've gotten the sermon written, I'll probably plan for a Celtic Knot dinner. Drop me a line if you want to help celebrate.

I think I'm going to the grocery store today after church. Now that may seem like a really boring comment, but the import is that I'll be wearing my collar outside of church for the first time. My whole problem with the seminarian collar is that it feels deceptive. That little black stripe down the center doesn't mean anything to anyone who doesn't already know about it. So I'll be curious to see how it feels to wear it in the grocery store.

It's been a whole Interlochen day weekend - 75 degrees, deep blue skies, upper 50's low 60's at night. I've had to turn off my fans the past two nights because it's been so deliciously cool. It could be this weather every day and I would be very happy.

3 Comments:

At 7/24/2007 6:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not go near the new Harry Potter book until after Greek is over!

Just sayin.

 
At 7/24/2007 6:58 AM , Blogger Merely Human said...

That may be more of a temptation than I can resist, particularly if people start talking about it and giving it away. So far I've resisted because I don't own a copy yet.

 
At 7/24/2007 9:22 AM , Blogger Raisin said...

I'm preaching on that text this Sunday, too! Want to exchange ideas or what we've got so far?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home