Friday, June 29, 2007

Hoffman

I don't have any pictures to go with this part of the journey. We don't take pictures there. The Institute is located at White Suphur Springs in St. Helena, just a half hour up from Napa. It was a beautiful spot in the mountains with deep pink oleanders surrounding a swimming pool and outdoor jacuzzi. There was also a waterfall that ended in a sulphur spring bathing pool. The smell could be a little overwhelming at times, but the water was supposed to be very healing. A redwood grove just up the road provided a space of deep peace whenever I visited it.

I don't think I can describe the process. It was amazing and life changing. I will be integrating it for a long time. I recommend it to anyone. It helped me claim my voice, my power, my beauty, my authentic self. It helped me become aware of many of my negative patterns and to work through them in a cathartic way. It helped me reconnect with God and my spiritual self in a way that I haven't experienced since coming to seminary. It helped me see that I am a priest despite all my self-esteem issues. It gave me 39 new people who have seen me at my worst and my best and who love me as I am. I am full of gratitude that I was able to go. If you want to hear more, feel free to ask me, but I think I'm done with what I want to post about it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home