Cicadas and Naps
It's been a whirlwind of a weekend. Commencement went well, and then I spent Friday evening celebrating with one of the grads. The Diocese of Chicago had its diaconal ordinations yesterday, and I was pleased to attend and witness five of my friends being ordained. What a joyful day. I went to another graduation party last night. This morning we had a picnic at church and we were also blessed with the group Soul Creations who came and did African drumming and dancing during our service. Though the cicadas are not yet in Evanston, they are out in full force in Glencoe, and each time the drumming stopped I could hear the loud chorus of cicadas outside the church. I've never heard anything like it.
Friday night I still had trouble sleeping, but the adrenalin seems to be slowly dissipating, and this afternoon I slept for several hours. I'm looking around my apartment and realizing I need to give it some of my attention. Hopefully this week I'll get to that.
My life is my own again. It's nice to be enjoying it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home