Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Candidacy

I am now a Candidate for Holy Orders. For those of you not familiar with ordination process jargon, it's the next step. First you become a Postulant, then a Candidate, then a Deacon, then a Priest. Usually if you make it this far they don't turn you back. My interview was interesting, lasted about 40 minutes. I talked with our deployment officer afterwards, and it looks like I may become a rector after graduation instead of an assistant. Of course, that's far away (less than a year), and there's still Commencement to get through as well as another Ethics paper and other end of term work. As Scarlet would say, "I'll think about that tomorrow." (Or in June.)

The best part of the trip was eating crab for dinner Monday and lunch Tuesday. Two crab meals! Yummy, yummy! And honeysuckle was blooming! I brought some back in my pocket. It's smushed now but still smells good. I drove to the beach and sat there for 10 minutes before I had to drive back to the airport. It was nice to be away. I wish the rest of the quarter were already over. I'm ready to rest.

3 Comments:

At 5/22/2007 9:17 PM , Blogger Rainy Rector said...

Candidate!!! Yeah!!! Way to go, Sister Bear! And a Rector after graduation, wow! Does that mean I'll have to start calling you "Mother Bear??" :-P

 
At 5/23/2007 6:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candidate McDonald, can I vote for you? Early and often?

 
At 5/23/2007 10:39 AM , Blogger Raisin said...

YAY!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home