Wednesday, May 16, 2007

15 days

Commencement is 15 days away.
I recognize that wrapped up in my anxiety about planning the service is my grief that the seniors are leaving. I stood next to one of my senior friends at the Communion rail recently and enjoyed hearing her alto voice harmonizing with my soprano voice. For a moment I enjoyed the music, but then I realized how little time is left for us to sing together, and tears welled up in my eyes. I have never coped well with the loss of friends.

A year from today I will graduate. I can't even imagine it.

2 Comments:

At 5/16/2007 9:23 PM , Blogger Raisin said...

I understand the feeling you express. So does the spirit, who intercedes with sighs too deep for words.

 
At 5/17/2007 5:27 PM , Blogger Heidi Haverkamp said...

This is very insightful, Lauren. I hope it helps you not feel so stressed... although perhaps that's just a vain hope.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home