A tree fell on my car
but then I won some awards, so all in all the day balanced out.
We had a lot of wind today, and during it a large chunk of a maple tree in the dean's yard fell on top of my car (and another student's SUV - hers is only 2 weeks old.) Fortunately the dean's garage took the brunt of the tree chunk, but there are apparently some significant scratches and a dent in mine. You gotta love a plastic Saturn - the big dent bounced back and became a small dent. I had class, so I couldn't stay to watch the tree removal.
Tonight was our Awards Night service and big dinner. Since I'd spent our last festive dinner waiting for the police to report my stolen camera, I decided I would not deal with the car tonight (another thing to think about tomorrow.) Completely to my surprise I received 3 awards tonight, one for having one of the top academic records in my class, one an award from the Seabury Women's Board (with a generous check that will help pay for my retreat this summer), and the one I'm most proud of, a preaching scholarship for next year. I didn't even know about that one. One of my classmates and I were awarded it together. It felt good, particularly in light of the tree falling on my car and all the Commencement anxiety. Preaching is something I feel passionately about, so I feel very pleased.
I was going to go to the after party, but the 3 glasses of wine I had at dinner are sending me to sleep. A good thing, probably, since I have Ethics in the morning. 'Night.

2 Comments:
Preach it! w00t! Congratulations!
Thanks!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home