Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Almost Outta Here!

I'm spending today finishing up all the details so that I'll be ready for my two week trip to California. I leave tomorrow. I'll spend two days with my friend Cliff in Napa and then will head to my retreat at the Hoffman Institute. You can check it out at www.hoffmaninstitute.org. (I still don't know how to do links.) After the Hoffman Process, I head to the Stinson Beach Motel for a weekend retreat by myself. I'll be walking along the Pacific and visiting the redwoods. I'm so excited to get away for a bit.

In the meantime, the details have been many. I've finally got a GI appointment for August to try to determine whatever is going on in my stomach. The rental car is reserved. I'm trying to make arrangements to be in Fayetteville to preach and Southern Virginia to learn about rural churches in late August. I've ordered some clergy shirts because I have to start wearing a seminarian collar when I begin officially at my field ed in July. And then, after getting home from errands, I found my Greek syllabus waiting, and I began to panic. The syllabus says that 8-12 hours of study is expected every day aside from the 4 hours a day spent in class. What have I gotten myself into? Fortunately a friend who minored in Greek says the grammar book isn't as hard as the one which I used when I was tutored in Greek. I've now ordered the books and will try not to think about it till after my trip. Of course, in some ways, it's just nice to have a syllabus.

Still have laundry and packing and cleaning to do, but hopefully there will also be time for a walk on this beautiful day.

5 Comments:

At 6/22/2007 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm teaching myself Biblical Greek using Bill Mounce's book. If you're intested in free flash card software, link I'm including will get you to the Free Software link, which then let's you download a free flash card program called FlashWorks. It's pretty useful, especially when I don't want to lug my ever growing stack of paper flash cards around in my pockets.

 
At 6/22/2007 9:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to include the link...http://www.teknia.com/index.php?page=tlt

 
At 6/25/2007 11:04 PM , Blogger Merely Human said...

And you are?

 
At 6/26/2007 9:40 AM , Blogger jsd said...

Someone feeling the tugs of a calling.

 
At 6/26/2007 10:33 AM , Blogger Merely Human said...

Thanks for the tip. We're using the Mounce book in my class.
Blessings to you in your discernment. My sponsoring rector called our discernment group the "nudgees" because he said God was nudging us. Perhaps you are a "tuggee."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home