Friday, June 08, 2007

Post-Commencement

I've been fairly busy post-commencement, but the difference is that I can take a break and stare at tv whenever I want to. I went to a post-commencement meeting on Tuesday and I think I made my point that students shouldn't have that much responsibility. Then on Wednesday I gave all my Commencement stuff away to next year's MCs. I don't even have it in my house anymore! I also got a lovely thank you note from Bonnie Anderson, president of the house of deputies, this week. She was at Commencement because we gave her an honorary degree, and she was so kind to me at the service. I was delighted by her note.

Yesterday I finally crashed. Had further stomach problems that seem to have disappeared today, and I just slept and laid on the couch all day. I think my body was demanding a rest. Yesterday it was 92 here, so I huddled inside with the curtains closed. Today it's 75. Crazy weather.

I'm getting plans together for my trip. Who knew that in CA you can't rent a car at one place and then turn it in at the airport? I'll take my car in to get it fixed next week while I'm gone. When I leave next Wednesday I'll be out of commission for two weeks.

I'm off for a walk. Not much more to report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home