Thursday, July 12, 2007

Interlochen Days

The past two days have been what I call Interlochen weather days - 75 degrees, mostly sunny, cool breeze - PERFECT! Most of the days of the 5 summers I worked at Interlochen were like these. Of course there was the first summer when it was terribly cold and we never got up to 80 and there was the summer when my mom came to visit and it was 103, hotter than GA! But the majority of the days were about 75 with sun and breezes.

Not that I've been seeing much of the outdoors. Greek has claimed my life. I did make it to yoga Tuesday, and I have managed a walk every day, though frequently I carry the flash cards with me as I trot by the lake. Flash cards and walking go well together. Monday night we had a beautiful rainbow after the storm, and there were bunnies, redwing blackbirds, and fireflies out as well as a beautiful sunset and ripples on the lake. I was so glad I sneaked out for a quick walk even though it was still sprinkling. Tomorrow is our first big test. I did pretty well on our quiz today. He dropped the first two quizzes because we did not yet understand what we were supposed to do and did much of it incorrectly. I like Greek, even if it's taking a lot of time. I'd much rather learn a language than spend hours trying to read books I don't understand and then make arguments about them. I feel much more competent in this class than in 90% of what I've taken in seminary. It's nice to remember what it's like to feel good about school work. I've never minded hard work - I just mind when I don't seem to understand things or know how to do them.

Well, it's time for the walk (with some flash cards.) The 90 degree days will be back next week, so I need to go out and enjoy a little bit of this Interlochen day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home