Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cranky

I just took my umpteenth Greek take-home quiz, and I am very irritable. Our teacher regularly gets confused and puts vocab words in the quizzes that we haven't had before. I've gotten kind of used to it. But today he also put words on that we haven't had TO PARSE. That means going through the person, number, tense, mood, voice, etc. It's hard enough to parse the words we have learned, but I shouldn't have to wrack my brain trying to recognize a word that I have never seen before.

Today Greek is driving me nuts. We had a big test this morning. I missed some of the really easy stuff because I was expecting harder stuff. I want to give it up for the day, but there are still two more chapters to read, learn, and do workbook exercises - the aorist tense. Argh!!!

And the sermon is looming. I hate what I've written so far and I don't seem to be getting any clearer on something to say. Yes, Raisin, I'd love to compare ideas. Sunday seems close. I had a big anxiety dream Saturday night about not having finished the sermon in time and trying to carry my computer to the pulpit. I'd like that dream not to reach the stage of reality!

1 Comments:

At 7/25/2007 11:59 AM , Blogger Raisin said...

Dear Cranky, I will work more on the sermon after lunch and send you what I have so far, just 'cause that would also be helpful to me. So perhaps you could do the same later? (At least it's a break from Greek!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home