2am Fire Alarm
Going into a list of things I do not need to experience again is fire alarms going off at 2am. There was no fire. We don't know why it went off. Since I helped write the safety manual at Virginia Stage Company including the fire alarm procedures, I felt like I should evacuate. I was the only one besides one person who works for Seabury. Fire department came, turned off the alarm. I couldn't go back to sleep for two hours. I don't know what it is about waking up in the middle of the night that makes me relive bad memories from my life, but last night I couldn't get Eileen Brennan and that awful play out of my mind. I've even blocked out the name of the play. The director was abusive. Eileen Brennan was abusive. The whole thing was terrible, and so last night after the fire alarm my brain wanted to relive those scenes with me standing up to them. I really could have done without that, particularly with another Greek exam coming up tomorrow.
Whenever I wake up too early or in the middle of the night, I almost always feel nauseous. Maybe I'm allergic to early morning. That's going to be troublesome when I'm a priest.

1 Comments:
I didn't hear that at all!! How awful, Lauren. Bleh.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home