Suggestion Box
Dear God,
Were mosquitos really necessary? I know you are a God of abundance, but couldn't you have skimped a little in the mosquito category? The next time you're creating the world, I would suggest no mosquitos.
Humbly yours,
Lauren
I guess the recent rains in the Midwest have produced a new crop of mosquitos. I think one got in my car yesterday. It must be gorged because the backs of my legs are covered with bites. I haven't had this many mosquito bites since I was a kid playing in the woods all day. I'm sure mosquitos must fill an important niche in the food chain. What would mosquito catchers eat if there were no mosquitos? I think bats and purple martins eat them, too. But mosquitos are far more prolific than their predators, and most of them die in other ways. I just think there could be a whole lot fewer of them.

3 Comments:
Dear Lauren,
Sorry about that.
It's funny, though, the mosquitoes often put a buzz in my ear about what a nuisance the humans are. Sure, they're tasty (many of them, anyway), but there's that whole technology thing that gives them unfair advantages. Swatters, netting, Deep Woods Off, and so forth. Couldn't you have done a little more with the ungulates (so much surface area, so few defenses!), they say, and gone lighter on the homonids? And the whole made in My image business strikes them as unfair. Though they have their role, too.
The numbers are pretty much set for the season (ineffable plan, see), but it may be possible for fewer of them to find their way to you.
Faithfully,
G
okay, so I just took Hebrew, Lauren, and I think you need to know exactly who it is who wrote you with the initials yhvh! You better pay attention to that one!
R
And be careful about playing Scrabble with that one, too. I followed the link and nearly turned into a pillar of salt just reading about it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home