More collar thoughts
So I think I figured out what the deal was with wanting to take the collar for my Sundays in GA and VA. It really isn't about the whole collar/identity thing. I'm a bit embarrassed to say it, but it's much simpler than I was making it. I don't like having to decide what to wear. In that sense, I kind of like uniforms. During my summers at Interlochen, I was one of the few people I knew who didn't mind the uniform - though I must say the blue corderoy knickers were not my favorite. I've been having such a difficult time deciding what to wear when I'm home preaching that it just seemed easier to wear my new "Sunday uniform." I've bought new skirts to go with my clergy shirt since I'm required to wear it at field ed on Sundays, and it just seemed like that would be the best thing to wear. Now that I've identified that difficulty making clothing decisions was the real issue, I've found something that I feel comfortable wearing, and I will leave my collar in Evanston. I'm not trying to make statements or pretend I'm something I'm not.
So now I'm ironing and packing and getting ready for this exciting adventure of both homecoming and scoping out a potential job. There are no interviews yet, I'm just going to check out the rural part of the diocese and see if I might feel a call in that direction. I'll be back in Evanston on the 29th. I'll try to post along the way and keep you updated, but I don't know if I'll have internet access. One of the things I'm most looking forward to are the fresh tomatoes and homemade vanilla ice cream that will be awaiting me tomorrow. Yummy!
Have a good couple of weeks, everyone!

2 Comments:
I'm glad you'll be posting while you're away, Lauren...
testing, testing, 123
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home