Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I HATE ESSAY TESTS!!!

I suck at writing timed essays. Suck, suck, suck!!! I am terrible at this. It's a good thing that timed essay writing skills are not the most important skills needed for the church. I took a test tonight on Anglican Polity and Canon Law. Two essay questions. 1 hour and 15 minutes. I wrote 3 paragraphs on one and two on the other. I made one point in the second part. I had to go home on the break to pull myself together, and there were two lovely packages there. One with a great magnet cautioning against overconscientiousness and one was a package from one of the congregations I visited this summer. They seem to have adopted me and sent me a care package with all kinds of treats. It's like being back in college.

I have to remind myself that I have many gifts that the church does need. I have to remind myself that people still love me, even when I'm doing poorly on tests. I have to remind myself that doing poorly on a test does not mean that I will be a poor priest. I have to remind myself that I've done very well in school and that learning humility in some areas is probably beneficial to me and will help me understand other people struggling.

1 Comments:

At 10/10/2007 9:02 AM , Blogger Raisin said...

You have all sorts of gifts that the church needs. You're going to be a terrific priest. You know this, but we'll keep reminding you. Check your email today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home