Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cleaning Frenzy

I have been in a cleaning frenzy this weekend, sadly a week too late for my parents to reap the benefits. I haven't finished, but I made a good start in dusting, vaccuuming, beating rugs, decluttering, filing, and even oiling the tops of several sun damaged tables. Somehow, though, I managed to trigger my sciatic nerve so that I had to curtail the cleaning due to pain. Oh well. That'll teach me to clean!

There are many other things I should have started this weekend - projects that are coming up and papers. I could have at least done some more reading. But my mind has turned toward my diaconal interview at the end of this week, and a lot of my focus is there. I leave for VA on Wednesday morning and will stay that night with friends. I spend Thursday with the psychologist and Friday with the Commission on Ministry. We're also supposed to meet with the liturgical folks to start planning the ordination, so I'm hopeful that means this interview is pretty much pro forma. Still, these interviews make me anxious, and being anxious means I tend not to be my authentic self, and that frustrates me. I reread some of my Hoffman stuff this weekend to try to get back in the mode of leading with my authentic self.

The weather here was beautiful this weekend. Supposed to change dramatically tomorrow. It was nice while it lasted.

2 Comments:

At 10/22/2007 2:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sciatic nerve does the exact same thing when I clean..I think that is a clear sign that we need to stop cleaning!
Prayers for your interview!

 
At 10/25/2007 12:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I will be praying for you during your interview. All the best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home