Leaping Yellow Spirits of Trees
The maples have been spectacular the past couple of weeks. Up here they're all yellow. I miss the red ones, but these yellow ones have been magnificent. I love driving to field ed because the whole route is practically lined with them. Some of them have dropped most of their leaves, so there is a plush yellow carpet beneath them. I love autumn and its colors, though I always feel sad because I know that winter is coming. Winter is a very hard time of year for me. With the coming of cold and the dark, I just want to hibernate. Something I've done a lot of this week. The cat and I have been curling up for afternoon naps, despite the amount of work looming over me. Trees without leaves are such a bleak sight to me. I know that they're not dead, just sleeping. I know that in spring they will burst forth with glorious new growth. But until then I will look out my window onto bare trees and sigh with their emptiness. It will be May before many of them have leaves again. By then I'll be packing up to move. Life is strange.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home