Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Wintry Start

to 2008. It's quite a contrast to watching the Rose Bowl Parade. I had never even heard of freezing fog or thunder snow until I came to Chicago, and now we've had both in the same day. I wimped out and went to bed last night even before Eastern time midnight. I rang in the new year from my sleep.

2008 is going to bring huge changes to my life. I'm on the verge of many new beginnings. For now, I'm going to enjoy this first day of the year, study a bit, set up my test space, maybe take a walk in the snow, go to Eucharist and dinner at the dean's house with my fellow test-takers and hopefully get a good night's sleep before starting the grueling week. By 5:00 tomorrow two exams will be over. Yay!

Below are a couple of winter wonderland pictures taken from my balcony. Happy New Year all! Health and joy to you in 2008.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi4pRTAxrvFVVDQcIlBkH_i9Td46lk8P_Mc5n2p64Uizp4BSdcUHADyYRBYnyuI6O2h2qVZXvwFSQyGIIrAqO0y4UJ9bOfgqdZ0aqCbfLKSzWtbdCYWLsPxGX6ktZWCXkQmVnfbQA/s1600-h/IMG_0198.JPG">

1 Comments:

At 1/01/2008 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I wish I were there to go on a winter walk too.

Happy New Year! This will be a year of incredible and joyous changes for you. Love--

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home