Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

We had lovely services yesterday. I went to the early service so I could see my old friend Cliff, and then I sang in the choir at the late service. It was very beautiful, and I thoroughly enjoyed the singing. My parents and idea followed our usual Christmas morning tradition of sleeping late and having a leisurely process of breakfast and gift opening. I received some great books and a gift certificate so I can get a travel bag for my vestments, something I'll need to get to the ordination in FEb. We plan to spend the afternoon watching various Christmas shows and a new DVD I got my dad.

Tomorrow I get to have lunch with old friends in Atlanta, and then Thursday I leave to drive back to Chicago. This has been such a nice respite. My best Christmas gift has been the return of my health. I feel like a new person. I can breathe, and I'm not coughing as much. I have some energy. My goal has been to get healthy on this break, and I seem to have accomplished it. I think that was more important than studying.

Merry Christmas to all!

4 Comments:

At 12/27/2007 5:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"sleeping late and having a leisurely process of breakfast and gift opening"

Chris' kids are obviously not at your folks' this Christmas...

 
At 12/27/2007 7:07 AM , Blogger Merely Human said...

They always stay home because it's too much trouble to bring all the toys and such. Mom and Dad will probably start alternating visiting both of us. We like our peaceful quiet Christmases, though I know it's fun watching kids. Has baby number 3 arrived?

 
At 12/28/2007 4:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laila Nadine Merrill was born on December 14, at home, a mere 90 minutes after the midwife arrived!

We're doing well, except that Blogger ate the longer comment I tried to post earlier. The long and the short of it is that Nina (now two) can say both "Laila!" and "Baby!" (she seldom says anything without an exclamation point) and Kolya (four at the end of January) is very solicitous of the new one.

We're also in the not traveling for Christmas school. Jet lagged travelers are so not a part of the holiday spirit, and in the spirit of fairness (among other things) we're not going up to Cologne either. Though when I thought back, I realized that my parents quit dragging us up to Memphis at about the age that we are now.

 
At 12/28/2007 5:06 PM , Blogger Merely Human said...

Congratulations!! I knew the new one was coming sometime in December. Glad she arrived safely and with seemingly little difficulty. I'm glad you didn't try to travel with her!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home