Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Brrr...

Now I know that none of my readers ever suspected me of living in Chicago longer than three years. Even if I didn't have to go back to VA I would not stay here any longer because of the winter. This year the heat in my apartment is not working well, and so the temperature inside is about 63 - at the middle of the apartment. By the windows it's 50, and each window is lined with ice on the inside. The heat also does not work very well at church or in most of the seminary classrooms. The only place I take my coat off is the Seabury chapel which is about 80 degrees. Fortunately someone has loaned me a space heater for my apartment. On Saturday when I got up at 4:30am it was 0 and when I got back at 7am it had gone down to -3. The high was 6. I'm slowly turning into an icicle.

The good news is that I'll probably be having a couple of interviews while I'm in VA. At least one I'm not able to talk about yet, but suffice it to say that even if I don't get the job I'm interviewing for this weekend, I may yet get an assistant job. I am now done with J-term classes and just have two papers and 10 million details to take care of. Fortunately the papers aren't actually due till I get back, and I may have to wait and write them then. It looks like we'll have some days with temps in the 60s while I'm in VA. Yay! I will thaw.

2 Comments:

At 1/23/2008 10:26 PM , Blogger Lee said...

thawing would be good.... I've been having the same feeling here, and it's world's warmer than where you are. Took 2 hours under the electric blanket for my feet to warm up yesterday. That's just wrong.

Fingers crossed and prayer said for you regarding interview(s)!

 
At 1/27/2008 10:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on your interviews! I can't even imagine how cold you were with no heat in your apartment!

Take care of yourself, and I'm thinking and praying for you as you conclude your studies.

Trish

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home