Being a Deacon
After a harrowing drive through the snow last night, I got to be a deacon at the Ash Wednesday service at St. Elisabeth's. I read the Gospel and did the dismissal and stood by the priest through the Eucharistic Prayer. It was amazing. At the ordination there were too many of us to give deacon jobs to, so we all did the dismissal together. At the Council Eucharist we got to be chalice bearers. But last night I started doing some other diaconal liturgical duties, and I really enjoyed it.
More pictures: me with some of my friends.
1. Katherine and me (friend from when I was in Norfolk)
2. Anna and me (friend from when I was in Norfolk and at Sewanee. She's also in seminary.)
3. Doug and Laurie and me (the people who gave me a place to stay while I prepared)
4. Janey and me (friend of my from Seabury, now a priest in KY)

2 Comments:
Congratulations! Great pictures. And stupid GOEs... I'm so glad the service was so powerful. Many blessings!
Hey,
Sent you an email to the att address. Shorter version: YOU ROCK!
KNS
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home