Hickory Neck, Toano
Starting July 1 I will be the Associate Rector at Hickory Neck Episcopal Church in Toano, VA - www.hickoryneck.org. It's located just outside of Williamsburg, where I will most likely be living because there aren't a lot of housing opportunities in Toano. They're announcing it to the congregation today, so I think it's safe to talk about it now. I'm posting a couple of pictures, but there are better ones on their website. I'll be going down in April to look for a place to live. I will most likely be ordained to the priesthood in August, and whenever I get a date, I'll post it. Since I will now be at a "destination" with Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Busch Gardens all within a half hour, everyone should come and visit me!

5 Comments:
I am so excited for you! It looks like a fabulous, dynamic parish!
You know, that's the first Delk I've ever heard of who is not part of my late, step-grandfather's family.
Actually, I get a better sense of place from your photographs- they look a lot more "lived in" somehow.
We are excited about the destination getaway potential for sure! ;-)
Congrats! I hope it's everything you want it to be.
Looks lovely inside the church. I'm so pleased for you.
Congratulations, Lauren!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home